Friday 21 January 2011

Human Planet

I just watched this episode of Human Planet on BBC iPlayer at about 40 minutes in it talks about people living in deserts meeting up for a chance to have flings with each other. This is just after the rains have fallen, when there is no worries for food or water. The men have to dance and sing to impress the woman, they even dress themselves up in body paint. In these few days of the year, all promises of marriage go out the window, and everyone is free to have sex with anyone.
I thought this was quite funny, and related to my project as humans are doing a lot of things that I've read about to do with animals. Like, making themselves look colourful, dancing and singing.

There's even at the end a married couple, and the woman is platting the mans hair, and he says 'You love me, because you're platting my hair'
Which I thought was quite sweet. This is quite similar to animal grooming, like with chimps and apes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rrd85/Human_Planet_Deserts_Life_in_the_Furnace/

No comments:

Post a Comment