Thursday, 12 May 2011

Hand in Day!

So I got my book back, and it was all good after I sorted it out :) Thank goood. I decided to frame some of my other drawings to put in for my hand in...

Finished bookContents
Courting title page




Back cover

Now it's time to email publishers, and gather all my research together for my hand in next week, (oh and to get a little drunk!)

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Emailing publishers

I've sent out a couple of emails this evening, one to Michael O'Mara Books and the other to Quirk Books. These both publish books that are quite similar in content and style, so I thought I'd give it a go!

I'm finding it quite hard to find places that won't accept you unless you have a literacy agent. So yeah, it's a bit of a pickle. I still need to find more relevant places to email!

Other places to look at:

Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Fuzzy letters - urgh!

Went to collect my book again today, and I'm STILL not happy with it. The boxes have gone from the images (yay) but the text in the rest of the book is really crap.

As you can see here:

I think it's because I tried to cheat, and just saved the PDFs in photoshop again as CMYK.
The font is also done in photoshop and is RGB.. so today I've been resaving everythign as CMYK and placing that all into indesign again.
Gaaah. I think DPI actually think I'm a retard ... because I am. :(

Wednesday, 27 April 2011

RGB and CMYK - big deal apparently!

I got my book back today:

It all looked good until I got to the pages with the big images on it...

As you can faintly see here, there is a book around the image

It is more obvious on the tortoise page:

The people at DPI said it would be okay, but I was a bit like 'No, this is for my Final Major Project it has to be perfect' Soooooooo I've got to sort my drawings out.
What the problem was I did my drawings in photoshop under RGB colour format, but the indesign file was in CMYK format.
So I've gotta sort them out and send them off again..

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Front and back covers

I finished the rabbit drawing, but I still didn't really like the back page. I thought I'd leave it for a week and go crack on with my research.

Here is how it was:

I've come back to it, and I realised its the font that I don't like. I didn't think it should be the same as the inside text.

So is how my front and back cover look now:

I've now sent my book off to DPI, how exciting!